In all facets of life that I want to improve:
I have watched those I admire excel at one critical behavior…
These leaders at the forefront of their are of expertise ASK BETTER QUESTIONS!
Going back to elementary school, I will agree with your teacher that there are “no stupid questions.”
And in fact, I encourage us all to ask more questions as it leads to learning and comprehension.
But those who have achieved success, when I closely observe them, ask bolder and better questions.
In my experience of observing these questions, I’m always impressed how these leaders question the status quo and don’t accept current thinking.
They ask questions like:
- How could we achieve our goal in half the time?
- What would outrageous success look like?
- What would it take to get there with 0 dollars and limited human capital?
- What would we do if failure was impossible?
- What is the craziest approach we can take to that problem?
- Why can’t it work the way I want? What if it could?
- What would we do if we wanted this to be a bigger return on our investment?
I think these type questions can be inserted into an area of our lives…
And help challenge current thinking…
And help remove roadblocks and achieve goals bigger than our current vision.
Watch those you admire that are achieving success…
Listen to the questions they ask…
And add them into your arsenal.
What are you working on or looking to solve?
Can you upgrade your questions?
Be prepared to upgrade the answers and your performance!